At FEMCO, our approach to project management combines the latest technology along with decades of construction experience to ensure consistent results on-time, every time.
Consistent with our company purpose and core values we never bend when it comes to quality, integrity and value. Regardless of whether we are building a medical facility, a restaurant or a multifamily housing campus, our approach to construction services remains consistent:
- meet expectations of quality and safety
- establish clear lines of communication
- stay on schedule
- control costs
We understand the diversified needs of every client and maintain flexibility. Some of our projects originate from hard bid where FEMCO has no involvement during the design phase, while other projects integrate a Design-Build approach where FEMCO plays an integral role throughout the design process.
Regardless of the approach, each project receives an unsurpassed commitment to quality from inception to completion. Checks and balances are implemented throughout our process to ensure flawless execution and delivery of construction services. Using computer-aided analysis, pre-construction managers proactively suggest practical and cost-saving alternatives to both the owner and architect. By allowing for adjustments early in the design process, we avoid significant alteration of design documents and potential costly delays during construction.
Typical Construction Services
- Coordinating with local, state, and national governmental agencies to ensure workmanship compliance with building codes and permitting.
- Plan review at various stages of completion for value improvement, constructability, and cost savings.
- Establishment and monitoring of RFI log and submittal log.
- Review and compiling completion documents such as as-builts, warranties, O&M Manuals, etc.
- Evaluation, budgeting, and scheduling of initial project scope of work.
- Participation in the creation of ongoing budgets and development of unit prices and allowances.
- Establishment of procedures for coordination among trade contractors with respect to all aspects of project implementation.
- Scheduling and coordinating progress meetings with key trade contractors, jointly discussing and resolving important project issues.
- Onsite inspections for conformance to schedule, design, quality, and safety.
- Review of change order requests, if necessary, for validity and pricing.
- Review of payment requests from subcontractors and consultants.
- Leading and monitoring the work of trade contractors to complete the project in accordance with the quality, cost, safety. and time objectives.
- Providing regular monitoring and updating of the schedule as construction progresses.
- Providing summary reports — monitoring and documenting all changes in schedule.
- Evaluating the adequacy of and making adjustments to the trade contractor’s personnel, equipment, and the availability of materials and supplies to meet the schedule.