The Design-Build process demands a different level of accountability from the contractor.
At FEMCO, we see this as an opportunity to build a relationship first and a project second. The Design-Build process is a method of construction in which the design and construction of a building are contracted and controlled by the Design-Builder. Design-Build construction allows for a single point of accountability which creates a more organized and controlled project when done correctly. This process helps prevent unnecessary delays in schedule and added construction costs due to unforeseen design discrepancies typical of traditional construction when plans are designed well in advance.
Our simple philosophy for Design-Build delivery is based on our intention to lower costs, control the schedule and establish clear lines of communication between all partners to ensure a smooth delivery. FEMCO’s ability to consistently provide top quality results and maintain client satisfaction is a direct reflection of the construction experts on our staff, the design firms we partner with, and our overall implementation of the FEMCO Design-Build program.
A few advantages of the FEMCO Design-Build Process include:
- Maintaining realistic project completion dates
- Minimizing additional construction costs due to the implementation of cost-effective advanced systems, methods and monitoring
- Phased Construction: Allowing construction to begin before the full design is complete saves time
- The creation of a non-adversarial relationship between Owner, design members and the construction team. Team members are encouraged to work together to solve issues between design and construction to save time and money
- Contractor-directed change orders are minimized, if not completely eliminated
- Design-Build allows for special services, such as preliminary feasibility studies, value engineering and life cycle costing analysis